Mr LIU Jianyu (Jerry)
IT System Analyst
Weather Modelling & Prediction Section
Mr LIU Jianyu (Jerry)
Mr Liu Jianyu has 18 years of diverse experience in research, field operations and computer analysis in the meteorological science and technologies. He is presently working on a collaboration project with UK Met Office. His research can be categorised into (1) ensuring efficient use of the CCRS high performance computing system; (2) implementing and maintaining robust operation systems; and (3) working with the research scientists to maintain their high performance and productivity by providing support and advice in weather science IT matters.
- BSc in Atmospheric Science, Sun Yat-Sen University, China
- IT System Analyst, Centre for Climate Research Singapore, MSS
- Senior Software Engineer, Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology, CAS, China
- Research Scholar, National Centre for Atmospheric Research, MMM, USA
- Senior Software Engineer, Yunnan Institute of Meteorology, China
- Forecaster, Yunnan Meteorological Observatory, China
- Operational application research and development in meteorology
- Technical support for high performance computing application in meteorology
- Operational management for HPC centres for education and research
- Development and maintenance of the mesoscale numerical weather prediction system
Wang, H., Huang, X.-Y., Liu, J., Xu, D. 2014.
A scale-dependent blending scheme for WRFDA: Impact on regional weather forecasting.
Geosci. Model Dev., 7, 1819-1828. doi:10.5194/gmd-7-1819-2014.
Zhang, X., Huang, X.-Y., Liu, J.,Poterjoy, J., Weng, Y., Zhang, F., Wang, H. 2014.
Development of an efficient regional four-dimensional variational data assimilation system for WRF.
J. Atmos. Oceanic Technol., 31, 2777-2794, doi:10.1175/JTECH-D-13-00076.1.
Haginoya S., Fujii, H., Sun J., Liu J. 2012.
Features of air-lake interaction in heat and water exchanges over Erhai Lake.
J. Meteorol. Soc. Japan, 90C, 55-73. doi:10.2151/JMSJ.2012-C04.
Wang, L., Koike, T., Wang, M., Liu, J., Sun, J., Lu, H., Tsutsui, H., Tamagawa, K., Xu, X. 2012.
Use of integrated observations to improve the 0-36h stream flow forecasts: A case study in the Nanpan River Basin (Yunnan province, China) on 1 July 2008.
J. Meteorol. Soc. Japan, 90C, 131-144.
Sun, J., Baker, B., Bachelet, D., Daly, C., Ma, J., Liu, J. 2006.
Impact of climate change in the Hengduan Mountains of northwestern Yunnan, P.R. China: vegetation distribution change in the foretime and future.
Proc. Spie 6296, Earth Observing Systems XI, 62960X (September 08, 2006); doi:10.1117/12.678964.