Dr Jeff Chun-Fung LO
Deputy Principal Research Scientist
Department of Weather Research
Research to Operations Branch
Dr Jeff Chun-Fung LO
Dr Jeff Lo is playing an important role in operational numerical weather prediction systems (UM and WRF) implementation and high performance computing system administration and management in CCRS. His research focuses on Sumatra squalls and deep convective systems in Singapore and surrounding regions. His expertise also covers regional climate downscaling, atmosphere vegetation-land interactions, and air pollution and environmental problems in urban and coastal areas.
- PhD in Atmospheric Environmental Science, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- BSc in Physics, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist/Deputy Principal Research Scientist, Centre for Climate Research Singapore, MSS
- Research Scientist, Temasek Laboratories, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Research Associate, Institute for the Environment, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Global and regional weather/climate modelling and downscaling
- Atmosphere-vegetation-land interactions and modelling
- Air pollution and environmental problems in urban and coastal areas
Huang, X.-Y., Barker, D., Webster, S., Dipankar, A., Lock, A., Mittermaier, M., Sun, X.M., North, R., Darvell, R., Boyd, D., Lo, J., Liu, J.Y., Macpherson, B., Heng, P., Maycock, A., Pitcher, L., Tubbs, B., McMillan, M., Zhang, S.J., Hagelin, S., Porson, A., Song, G.T., Beckett, B., Cheong, W.K., Semple, A., and Gordon, C., 2019.
SINGV – the convective-scale numerical weather prediction system for Singapore.
ASEAN Journal on Science & Technology for Development, 36(3), 81-90, doi:10.29037/ajstd.581.
Jeff C. F. Lo and Thomas Orton, 2016
The General Features of Tropical Sumatra Squalls.
Weather, Royal Meteorological Society, doi:10.1002/wea.2748.
Chee-Kiat Teo, Tieh Yong Koh, Jeff C. F. Lo, and Bhuwan Chandra Bhatt, 2011
Principal Component Analysis of Observed and Modelled Diurnal Rainfall in the Maritime Continent.
Journal of Climate, 24, 4662–4675.
Xiaoyan Jiang, Christine Wiedinmyer, Zong-Liang Yang, Fei Chen, and Jeff C. F. Lo, 2008:
Predicted Impacts of Climate and Land-use Change on Surface Ozone in the Houston Area,
Journal of Geophysical Research–Atmospheres, 113, D20312, doi:10.1029/2008JD009820.
Jeff C. F. Lo, Zong-Liang Yang, and Roger A. Pielke Sr., 2008:
Assessment of Three Dynamical Climate Downscaling Methods Using the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) Model
Journal of Geophysical Research–Atmospheres, 113, D09112, doi:10.1029/2007JD009216.
Jeff C. F. Lo, Alexis K. H. Lau, Fei Chen, Jimmy C. H. Fung, and Kenneth K. M. Leung, 2007
Urban Modification in a Mesoscale Model and the Effects on the Local Circulation in the Pearl River Delta Region
Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, 46, 457–476, doi:10.1175/JAM2477.1
Jeff C. F. Lo, Alexis K. H. Lau, Zibing Yuan, Jimmy C. H. Fung, and Fei Chen, 2006:
A Physical Modeling Approach for Identification of Source Regions of Primary and Secondary Air Pollutants.
Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics Discussions, 6, 6467–6496
Jeff C. F. Lo, Alexis K. H. Lau, Jimmy C. H. Fung, and Fei Chen, 2006
Investigation of Enhanced Cross-City Transport and Trapping of Air Pollutants by Coastal and Urban Land-Sea Breeze Circulations
Journal of Geophysical Research–Atmospheres, 111, D14104, doi:10.1029/2005JD006837