Ms Tammy CHIN
Climate Science Research Programme Office
Centre for Climate Research Singapore
Ms Tammy CHIN
As Manager of the Climate Science Research Programme Office (CSRPO) within the Centre for Climate Research Singapore (CCRS), Tammy is responsible for the science communication and outreach activities at CCRS. The CSRPO works with a range of government and academic to stakeholders to promote the alignment between climate research and national priorities. It works to strengthen research capabilities in climate science with local universities and research institutes, and to facilitate the translation of scientific research into policy application.
Prior to joining CCRS, Tammy worked in the publishing industry as an editor. Tammy has a keen interest in public health, environmental science and communication at the science-policy interface. She is constantly intrigued by how science communication can shape public opinion and response to issues such as mental illness, outbreaks and climate change.
- MSc in Science Communication, National University of Singapore, Singapore, in partnership with the Australian National University, Australia
- BSc (Hons) in Physics, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Manager, Climate Science Research Programme Office, Centre for Climate Research Singapore, MSS
- Editor, Marshall Cavendish Education Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Editor, Educational Publishing House Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Science communication and visual communication
- Stakeholder engagement
- Education and public outreach