Mr Ryan KANG
Department of Climate Research
Seasonal & Sub-seasonal Prediction Branch
Mr Ryan KANG
Mr Ryan Kang is part of the team that works on seasonal and subseasonal climate prediction. His work in CCRS focuses on developing the platforms and products that provide climate services and products to Singapore and the region, as well as conducting climate monitoring activities. He also conducts studies in extreme weather and climate.
- BEng (Hons) in Bioengineering, National University Singapore, Singapore
- Graduate Diploma in Meteorology, Bureau of Meteorology, Australia
- Apr 2017–present
- Executive Meteorologist , Centre for Climate Research Singapore, MSS
- 2009–Apr 2017
- Meteorologist, Weather Services Department, MSS
- Research Officer, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, A*Star
- Climatology/climate monitoring
- Climate services/products delivery
- Analysis of extreme weather and climate
Kang, R., Boh, D. 2020.
Overview of a locally-tuned Heavy Rain’s Total Threat Score (TTS) tool and its recent application using satellite-derived soundings.
Ho, R., Kang, R., Rahmat, R. 2019.
Calibration of ECMWF seasonal SEAS5 model’s monthly temperature re-forecasts over the Southeast Asia region.
Tan, W.L., Kang, R., Turkington, T. 2019.
Subseasonal rainfall forecast skill in Southeast Asia: comparing the land and sea regions around Singapore.