Dr Peter HENG
Senior Research Scientist
Department of Weather Research
Numerical Weather Prediction Branch
Dr Peter HENG
Dr Peter Heng is currently the lead scientist for forecast verification and model evaluation. He also works with the Weather Services Division to develop forecast products for specific applications. He was previously involved in the development and implementation of the data assimilation system for SINGV.
- PhD in Computational Mechanics, University of Dundee, United Kingdom
- BEng in Civil Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Research Scientist, Centre for Climate Research Singapore, MSS
- Lecturer, Temasek Polytechnic
- Engineer, Housing and Development Board
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Geosciences, University of Arizona, USA
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Civil and Building Engineering, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
- Structural Engineer, Eastern Pretech Pte Ltd
- Forecast verification and model evaluation
- Data assimilation and observation monitoring
- Coupled atmosphere-ocean modelling
Heng, B.C.P. and Huang, X.-Y. 2020.
Verification of SINGV-DA forecasts over Singapore (December 2018 to November 2019).
Heng, B.C.P., Tubbs, R., Huang, X.-Y., Macpherson, B., Barker, D., Boyd, D., Kelly, G., North, R., Stewart, L., Webster, S., and M. Wlasak, 2020.
SINGV-DA: A Data Assimilation System for Convective Scale Numerical Weather Prediction over Singapore.
Q J R Meteorol Soc., 146, 1923–1938, doi.org/10.1002/qj.3774.
Huang, X.-Y., Barker, D., Webster, S., Dipankar, A., Lock, A., Mittermaier, M., Sun, X., North, R., Darvell, R., Boyd, D., Lo, J., Liu, J., Macpherson, B., Heng, P., Maycock, A., Pitcher, L., Tubbs, B., McMillan, M., Zhang, S., Hagelin, S., Porson, A., Song, G., Beckett, B., Cheong, W. K., Semple, A., and C. Gordon., 2019.
SINGV – the Convective-Scale Numerical Weather Prediction System for Singapore.
ASEAN Journal on Science & Technology for Development, 36, 3, 81–90.
Heng, B. C. P. and Gao, E., 2018.
Rainfall over Singapore in relation to local and remote sea surface temperatures.